Skip to main content

Three Gratitudes - Day 8

Today I am thankful for:

1.  Cake Batter Ice Cream. Not only did I get to spend time with my best friend last night (which is ALWAYS long overdue...and we both complain about not letting it get that bad next time, but still do anyway and blame our busy lives), we splurged on Cold Stone ice cream before we ended our evening. I love ice cream, but man, you just can't top Cold Stone Cake Batter Ice cream with brownie & banana mixed it. Delish!

2.  The wonder of a child. We recently started the Elf on the Shelf tradition in our house, and I adore that first few minutes of the morning when Colton is searching the house to find out if Elf came back from the North Pole. I think this weekend I might surprise him with a handwritten letter from Santa. I love the wonder & awe of this season and the childlike ways that go with it. I love that he's so impressionable and I hope and pray daily that I'm leaving a good impression and teaching both Colton & Emmalyn worthwhile traits. I hope that they continue to be in wonder & awe of this great world. Curiosity is a wonderful thing!

3. My faith. Funny that I should choose to talk about my faith on a Holy day of Obligation, the Immaculate Conception. I'm thankful that I was brought up and filled with oodles of "Catholic Guilt".....that same guilt has helped me to make numerous "better" decisions for myself (that I might have otherwise swayed on) and has helped me to believe in myself and God's plan, even in the toughest of times. I've found peace with losing those I love, because I know they are in a far better place, and I'm at peace knowing that I've got a handful of angels watching over me and my family daily.

I'm thankful too that Jason has chosen to walk this journey with me. He didn't have to do that, but he knew it meant a great deal to me, so he has put forth his best effort to learn about the Catholic Faith and help raise our kids with the same morals and values that I grew up knowing. It melts my heart to know that he knows when Holy Days are (or doesn't fight me about going to church on a day other than Sunday) and it's typically him confirming which mass time we are attending the following Sunday. Jason is growing by leaps and bounds and I have no doubt in my mind that it's Grandma Hall at work in his heart helping him to grow in his faith. After all, he is a Robinson! :)

Comments

  1. I love reading your posts. You have so many things to be greatful for, and it is awesome that you are counting those blessings.

    I, too, love Cold Stone Creamery! I though go for the chocolate ice cream with reese cups, fudge and peanut butter...yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon, Grandpa Kent

 Here's the best way to share Dad's video. Thank you all so much for submitting the clips. This really made him smile (and say some funny things the first time we watched soon after anesthesia). I think it will be treasured company this evening in the hospital. Thank you for your prayers, your thoughts, for answering the phone calls and lifting Dad up. We appreciate all your love and support.  58E2238E-D2E3-4B38-9FF6-AE1E502ABD14.mp4

Covid ... the end. (Hopefully. Maybe. I really don't know....)

 Almost two years ago, exactly, our world drastically changed. Everyone holed up at home, scared to enter the world and catch Covid 19/Corona Virus. (Except Jason, once he got to feeling better from most likely having Covid before it was a known thing, he just went to work everyday like nothing had changed). The world basically shut down  -- special hours, curbside pick up encouraged, no dining room service only drive through or carryout. If someone coughed or sneezed anywhere near you, you were instantly suspicious. Our parents lived on complete edge and worry, taking in every ounce of information the news was constantly throwing in their faces. It was a time of great uncertainty, lots of information being thrown at us from trusted news sources, social media, and hearsay from those in the medical profession.  We spent March to May just trying to figure out our new life. No baseball. No softball. Lots of time with our animals. Lots of crafts. School from home. Porch drop ...

April - Hey Batter, Batter...

April is always the month that makes us think spring is FINALLY here, because it's starting to warm up, suns starting to shine more, except when we finally get to the baseball/softball fields, it's just as cold as it was in February. Thankfully, Emmalyn had an indoor sport to carry us through the cold of the month, until baseball/softball really got kicked off! Emmalyn tried something new this year and participated in CiVic vollebyall. This is a club program out of Carroll County, and she practiced every Sunday from January through April. Finally in late April she had three play dates. One Saturday we played up at Fairmount, IN. Grandma Jacki, Keaton and I went with Emmalyn, while Dad, Grandpa and Colton cut down some trees in preparation for our spring projects. Emmalyn and Mae Ella did a wonderful job for their team, both rocked their serving and seemed to know the game and keep their cool better than some on the team. The second weekend Dad, Em & Mom traveled to Triton H...