Today I am thankful for:
1. Really loud Country music (Sugarland in particular) blaring on my radio on my way to work...and the fact that I can sing along, as awful as I sound, without anyone judging me. I'm thankful for their words that inspire me to LOVE no matter what, and for their fun little ditties that put a smile on my face.
2. My dog Murph. I've been very hot/cold with Murphy over the last 5 years, but I can honestly say, that no matter what my mood, Murph loves me unconditionally, and will jump into my lap to prove it. I guess you could say there's a lot to be learned about unconditional love, from a pooch. I love that Murphy (who sleeps every night in our bedroom, tucked nicely/warmly under our bed...by his own doings) may go to bed when Jason does, but will wait patiently on the end of the bed, or down next to the bed, until I come/get into bed, at which time he can't wait to get up into my face to kiss me goodnight. Then, with a simple snap of my fingers, he's back down tucking himself into his little bed.
3. I'm thankful for Jason and I's love story - and the fact that it runs deep in our family. Let me take a minute to recount the story here. Jason and I have known each other for quite some time - being neighboring/rival schools we knew each other through sporting events as well as summers spent at the White County Fair. I never showed much interest in him, because quite frankly, I didn't think I stood a chance. He was a ripped, attractive, popular Falcon Football standout, and I was the outgoing, farmgirl, FFA geek. There was no way we could ever get together.
Fast forward through the college years, and to a sunny summer afternoon in August 2003. I can remember Grandma Hall (another entry to be beyond thankful for) ranting on and on and on about how heartbroken she was that Bob Robinson died. I had NO IDEA who Bob Robinson was, so Grandma explained that Bob's older sister Francis was her dearest friend growing up.
Robinsons & Schraders lived just across the field from one another, they shared a party line and grew up together. Bob was that pesky little brother that played with (or bothered) the girls as they grew up. Unfortunately, during one of her early college years, on her way home from Purdue, Frances was killed in an car accident. Grandma always held all of the Robinson clan close to her heart.
That September, my neighbor and good buddy, Ryan Clark, made a point (bless his heart) to tell Jason that he should ask me out. So, at the Reynolds softball festival in Septmeber 2003 (after a few frosty beverages to help ease his nerves), Jason asked if I wanted to join him at a party later that evening. The rest is of course, history, as we celebrate our 6th year of marriage.
What I'm most thankful for, as part of our love story, is that Jason was very close to his Granpda Robinson & I very close to my Grandma Hall. To know that their families each meant so much to each other, means the WORLD to Jason and I. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to ever meet Grandpa Bob (although, I do know that one of his favorite things to say was, goddamnitsonofabitch, yes, all one word) and Jason's Grandma Betty was fighting dimentia when we began dating and passed away in February of 2004, just 6 short months after Bob. However, Jason was able to be fully welcomed into our family by Grandma Hall. She would nearly attack him (either "smacking" his face or squeezing his hand) each time we'd come around, and would always close with, "And I love you too, son, because you're a Robinson".
We have a picture in our home, perched high up on our shelf, that shows Grandma & Francis, Grandpa Bob & Aunt Fern (Grandma's sister) when they were young kids. Anytime Jason and I need a queit reminder of how deep our love runs, all we have to do, is reference that picture and remind ourselves that God does have a plan, and certainly a hand in our relationship!
1. Really loud Country music (Sugarland in particular) blaring on my radio on my way to work...and the fact that I can sing along, as awful as I sound, without anyone judging me. I'm thankful for their words that inspire me to LOVE no matter what, and for their fun little ditties that put a smile on my face.
2. My dog Murph. I've been very hot/cold with Murphy over the last 5 years, but I can honestly say, that no matter what my mood, Murph loves me unconditionally, and will jump into my lap to prove it. I guess you could say there's a lot to be learned about unconditional love, from a pooch. I love that Murphy (who sleeps every night in our bedroom, tucked nicely/warmly under our bed...by his own doings) may go to bed when Jason does, but will wait patiently on the end of the bed, or down next to the bed, until I come/get into bed, at which time he can't wait to get up into my face to kiss me goodnight. Then, with a simple snap of my fingers, he's back down tucking himself into his little bed.
3. I'm thankful for Jason and I's love story - and the fact that it runs deep in our family. Let me take a minute to recount the story here. Jason and I have known each other for quite some time - being neighboring/rival schools we knew each other through sporting events as well as summers spent at the White County Fair. I never showed much interest in him, because quite frankly, I didn't think I stood a chance. He was a ripped, attractive, popular Falcon Football standout, and I was the outgoing, farmgirl, FFA geek. There was no way we could ever get together.
Fast forward through the college years, and to a sunny summer afternoon in August 2003. I can remember Grandma Hall (another entry to be beyond thankful for) ranting on and on and on about how heartbroken she was that Bob Robinson died. I had NO IDEA who Bob Robinson was, so Grandma explained that Bob's older sister Francis was her dearest friend growing up.
Robinsons & Schraders lived just across the field from one another, they shared a party line and grew up together. Bob was that pesky little brother that played with (or bothered) the girls as they grew up. Unfortunately, during one of her early college years, on her way home from Purdue, Frances was killed in an car accident. Grandma always held all of the Robinson clan close to her heart.
That September, my neighbor and good buddy, Ryan Clark, made a point (bless his heart) to tell Jason that he should ask me out. So, at the Reynolds softball festival in Septmeber 2003 (after a few frosty beverages to help ease his nerves), Jason asked if I wanted to join him at a party later that evening. The rest is of course, history, as we celebrate our 6th year of marriage.
What I'm most thankful for, as part of our love story, is that Jason was very close to his Granpda Robinson & I very close to my Grandma Hall. To know that their families each meant so much to each other, means the WORLD to Jason and I. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to ever meet Grandpa Bob (although, I do know that one of his favorite things to say was, goddamnitsonofabitch, yes, all one word) and Jason's Grandma Betty was fighting dimentia when we began dating and passed away in February of 2004, just 6 short months after Bob. However, Jason was able to be fully welcomed into our family by Grandma Hall. She would nearly attack him (either "smacking" his face or squeezing his hand) each time we'd come around, and would always close with, "And I love you too, son, because you're a Robinson".
We have a picture in our home, perched high up on our shelf, that shows Grandma & Francis, Grandpa Bob & Aunt Fern (Grandma's sister) when they were young kids. Anytime Jason and I need a queit reminder of how deep our love runs, all we have to do, is reference that picture and remind ourselves that God does have a plan, and certainly a hand in our relationship!
Comments
Post a Comment