(I'm doing this in make up-- since I don't have internet at home and had to skip Sunday...)
Today I'm thankful for:
1. Modern conveniences. One of my many taglines is: "There is nothing you can't Google". Seriously, what did we do before the internet. I can find phone numbers, menus, directions, news stories, gossip, photos, etc on Google within seconds. Goodbye encyclopeida brittanica and hello Google. Another modern convenience I'm thankful for is my vehicle. I'm thankful that it runs well and gets us from point A to point B in a warm/cool (Indiana weather depending) environment. I can't imagine not having those conveniences at my fingertips. I use them daily.
2. My cousins. I've got some pretty great cousins on both sides of the family and have added some pretty great "cousins" through Jason's family. I'm thankful for the memories made with my cousins and look forward to raising our children together. Wouldn't Grandma & Grandpa be proud of us all now...
3. My ability to bake/cook. I love to do it, and it warms my heart every time Jason compliments my cooking. We may both end up weighing 500 lbs, because it's not always "healthy", but I'm thankful that I inherited that from my Grandma Hall. I love spending weekends here or there making noodles & rolls with my Aunt Nina and I will FOREVER cherish the day I spent with Grandma Hall making pie crusts and noodles. I love taking one fall evening a year and frying hamburgers & making gravy from scratch for my Dad & whomever happens to be working at the farm that evening. I love Saturday mornings spent licking the beaters while making Aunt Nancy's chocolate chip cookies with my kids. I love my recipe box full of keepers and the stories that go with them. I'm thankful that I love to cook and I'm thankful that those around me love it too!
Today I'm thankful for:
1. Modern conveniences. One of my many taglines is: "There is nothing you can't Google". Seriously, what did we do before the internet. I can find phone numbers, menus, directions, news stories, gossip, photos, etc on Google within seconds. Goodbye encyclopeida brittanica and hello Google. Another modern convenience I'm thankful for is my vehicle. I'm thankful that it runs well and gets us from point A to point B in a warm/cool (Indiana weather depending) environment. I can't imagine not having those conveniences at my fingertips. I use them daily.
2. My cousins. I've got some pretty great cousins on both sides of the family and have added some pretty great "cousins" through Jason's family. I'm thankful for the memories made with my cousins and look forward to raising our children together. Wouldn't Grandma & Grandpa be proud of us all now...
3. My ability to bake/cook. I love to do it, and it warms my heart every time Jason compliments my cooking. We may both end up weighing 500 lbs, because it's not always "healthy", but I'm thankful that I inherited that from my Grandma Hall. I love spending weekends here or there making noodles & rolls with my Aunt Nina and I will FOREVER cherish the day I spent with Grandma Hall making pie crusts and noodles. I love taking one fall evening a year and frying hamburgers & making gravy from scratch for my Dad & whomever happens to be working at the farm that evening. I love Saturday mornings spent licking the beaters while making Aunt Nancy's chocolate chip cookies with my kids. I love my recipe box full of keepers and the stories that go with them. I'm thankful that I love to cook and I'm thankful that those around me love it too!
Comments
Post a Comment