Today I am thankful for:
1. Electronic Communication. I'm thankful that within a few strokes of the keyboard, I can email my Mom at work, or my circle of girlfriends to share a funny story or ask for advice, recipes, make plans, etc. I love that with in a matter of minutes I've typically heard back from whomever I've emailed and it's almost like actually talking with them. You know, in person. There's where I'm cautious about this gratitude. While e-communication is the wave of the future and super convenient, I think that it takes a way a HUGE piece of interpersonal communication. It makes it so that people are less outgoing and talkative. So, I guess I should restate this gratitude. I'm thankful for e-communication while at work. Once I'm home, I'm thankful that I don't have the internet (except for one my phone) and that I'm forced to talk face to face with my husband and kids and learn about the excitements of their day.
2. Random funny one-liners that come out of Colton's mouth. Let's face it, the kid is funny, even when I want to be raging mad at him. It never fails that when I'm doing my best to enforce the rules we have set forth, that clever little squirt will pipe up and say something that completely takes me off guard, and usually ends up making me laugh. Colton 1. Mom 0.
This morning, he was talking to his Dad on the phone on our way to Pam's. This is a regular occurrence, because often times, Jason has left for work before the kids are up and out of bed for the day. If you'll back up to last night, Jason was flipping out about the mess in Colton's room because (as previously mentioned) the kid changes clothes about a million times a day. And as you might guess, a 3 year old isn't great at putting clothes away/in the dirty hamper, etc. So, I prompt Colton with a "Colton, tell Dad that he'll be so happy because your room is still picked up!" to which he says, "Um. Dad. Um, tonight, when you get home from wook (work), you won't freak out, because, um, my room is still clean and there are NO clothes on my floor". You cannot prompt the kid to say those things. Where on earth he got "freak out" is beyond me, but it was pretty darn funny!
3. Emmalyn's personality. Em is a girly girl. (sometimes). I am thankful that she doesn't fuss to much when I want to try to put her hair in pigtails and that she loves to sit up and pretend to put on make up as we get ready in the mornings. One of her first words has been "bow", as she points to her glorious array of bows hanging in the bathroom, and she likes shoes (she gets that from me). She loves dresses and typically plays along with me dressing her up. The only thing that contradicts this, is the girls love for hats. Why on earth are my children HAT crazy? I don't get it, but as long as she's wearing an adorable dress....I'll take it! :)
1. Electronic Communication. I'm thankful that within a few strokes of the keyboard, I can email my Mom at work, or my circle of girlfriends to share a funny story or ask for advice, recipes, make plans, etc. I love that with in a matter of minutes I've typically heard back from whomever I've emailed and it's almost like actually talking with them. You know, in person. There's where I'm cautious about this gratitude. While e-communication is the wave of the future and super convenient, I think that it takes a way a HUGE piece of interpersonal communication. It makes it so that people are less outgoing and talkative. So, I guess I should restate this gratitude. I'm thankful for e-communication while at work. Once I'm home, I'm thankful that I don't have the internet (except for one my phone) and that I'm forced to talk face to face with my husband and kids and learn about the excitements of their day.
2. Random funny one-liners that come out of Colton's mouth. Let's face it, the kid is funny, even when I want to be raging mad at him. It never fails that when I'm doing my best to enforce the rules we have set forth, that clever little squirt will pipe up and say something that completely takes me off guard, and usually ends up making me laugh. Colton 1. Mom 0.
This morning, he was talking to his Dad on the phone on our way to Pam's. This is a regular occurrence, because often times, Jason has left for work before the kids are up and out of bed for the day. If you'll back up to last night, Jason was flipping out about the mess in Colton's room because (as previously mentioned) the kid changes clothes about a million times a day. And as you might guess, a 3 year old isn't great at putting clothes away/in the dirty hamper, etc. So, I prompt Colton with a "Colton, tell Dad that he'll be so happy because your room is still picked up!" to which he says, "Um. Dad. Um, tonight, when you get home from wook (work), you won't freak out, because, um, my room is still clean and there are NO clothes on my floor". You cannot prompt the kid to say those things. Where on earth he got "freak out" is beyond me, but it was pretty darn funny!
3. Emmalyn's personality. Em is a girly girl. (sometimes). I am thankful that she doesn't fuss to much when I want to try to put her hair in pigtails and that she loves to sit up and pretend to put on make up as we get ready in the mornings. One of her first words has been "bow", as she points to her glorious array of bows hanging in the bathroom, and she likes shoes (she gets that from me). She loves dresses and typically plays along with me dressing her up. The only thing that contradicts this, is the girls love for hats. Why on earth are my children HAT crazy? I don't get it, but as long as she's wearing an adorable dress....I'll take it! :)
Comments
Post a Comment